21 June 2018

ROBINSON Club Apulia installs Europe’s largest hotel solar panel system

Just in time for the 2018 summer season, ROBINSON Club Apulia has installed one of the largest solar panel systems of a hotel in Europe, with 3,280 solar panels across a total area of 5,500 square meters. The energy yield gained will be the same amount that is required to power around 450 private households.

The premium club brand has been following the sustainability strategy of the TUI Group, of which it is a subsidiary. With the “Better Holidays, Better World“ programme, the travel group has set itself the goal of reducing the CO2 intensity of its business by ten percent by the year 2020. The conversion to solar energy makes an important contribution to this.

During the four-month construction period, the modern solar system was installed on various building complexes of the club including the restaurant, workshop and some guest houses. Around 71 percent of the electricity produced will be used for the self-supply of the club and the remaining 29 percent will be fed into the local power grid.

Sustainability is one of the cornerstones of the ROBINSON philosophy. ROBINSON has been relying on modern environmental management and alternative methods of energy generation for many years. The new solar panel system at ROBINSON Club Apulia is another efficient building block in the consistent sustainability strategy. The system also makes a significant contribution to reducing electricity costs in club operation.

ROBINSON’s commitment to sustainability and family travel tie together at ROBINSON Club Apulia. The club, which is located directly on the wide sandy beach of the Ionian Sea and surrounded by pine forests, is the ideal family getaway. Parents can even take advantage of various sports and fitness facilities or relax at the newly renovated swimming pool, while the ROBY team of professionals looks after and supervises children.

Please access a selection of high-res images of ROBINSON Club Apulia below: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/hi3nv0d14rff5eo/AADAco7akTokE0WLpnKVvcVIa?dl=0

About Robinson

ROBINSON is a premium brand and leader of resort vacations, offering a unique holiday experience in 25 resorts in fourteen countries with a capacity of around 15.100 beds. By providing outstanding entertainment and competent, creative childcare as well as, a wide range of locally sourced fresh cuisine prepared by premier chefs, new trend sports and activities, ROBINSON Club is the ideal holiday choice for families, couples and single travellers.