1st & 3rd place for TUI airlines
TUI Airways and TUI fly Germany ranked 1st and 3rd on the Atmosfair Airline Index of the world’s most carbon efficient airlines.
100% of the donation goes to educational programs in holiday destinations.
The sustainability strategy “Better Holidays, Better World” sets ambitious goals for TUI Group up to 2020. We don’t just want to create holiday experiences. We want to make the world a little better too. To do that we are taking small steps, surmounting hurdles, setting milestones. These are our highlights.
»TUI’s airlines are already 24 per cent more climate-efficient than the six largest European airlines. By adding the first 737 MAXs to our fleet, we want to build on that progress.«
David Burling, CEO Markets & Airlines
Corporate Health Award
TUI Group Health Management received the Corporate Health Award. The jury honoured the holistic approach that unites prevention, physical exercise and mental wellbeing.
TUI Cruises wins EcoTrophea
TUI Cruises won the EcoTrophea awarded by the German Travel Association (DRV). With its campaign to cut food waste on cruise liners, TUI Cruises held out against the competition from altogether 21 environment projects.
TUI Care Foundation in partnership with UNICEF emergency aid
From 2018 the TUI Care Foundation and the children’s fund UNICEF are joining forces to help children in emergencies. The TUI Future Fund keeps finance available to help primarily young people fast if a natural disaster hits a holiday region.
Silver Class Sustainability Award 2018
TUI Group won the Silver Class Sustainability Award 2018 from researcher RobecoSAM. This makes TUI one of the world’s most sustainable companies in the tourism industry.
181 hotels awarded sought-after status as TUI Environment Champion
94 TUI hotels acquired TUI Environment Champion status from TUI Germany in 2018 in recognition of their outstanding sustainability record. That is good for the environment and good for the hotels: demand from holiday makers is higher than ever.
73 newly ordered 737 MAX
In February 2018 TUI Group handed over its second Boeing 737 MAX 8 to TUI Nordic. The transfer from Seattle to Stockholm was one of the most carbon-efficient flights ever made by this aircraft type – using 30 per cent biofuel. All 73 newly ordered planes are due to enter service with TUI by 2023.
GEO award for oneShare
The TUI employee share scheme oneShare received an award from the Global Equity Organization (GEO), the leading international body dedicated to employee stock ownership. The jury’s statement highlighted the importance of the scheme in promoting Group integration.
3rd most popular employer in Belgium
TUI was ranked 3rd most popular employer in Belgium. According to the Randstad study Employer Brand Research, TUI Belgium is one of the strongest employer brands in the country.
3,280 solar modules in new Robinson Club Apulia
In summer 2018 the Robinson Club in Southern Italy opted for solar energy. Here TUI has built one of the biggest photovoltaic arrays of any hotel in Europe. About 70 per cent of the power generated is used to supply the Club itself. The other 30 per cent are fed into the local grid.
100 % biodegradable straws in Riu hotels
The Riu hotels in Spain, Portugal and Cape Verde now offer their guests straws that can be turned completely into compost. In 2019 the Caribbean hotels will follow suit. A valuable contribution to protecting the environment, as plastic straws are seen as a major source of ocean waste.
Very good performance in FTSE4GOOD
For the 13th time in succession TUI featured in the sustainability index FTSE4Good. TUI performed very well in the categories climate protection, social responsibility and corporate governance.
Choose which cookies are permitted by using the “Status”-Switch. Save your settings with the button “I Agree”.
You can find more information under Cookie Notice at any time.
|Required cookies||These cookies are required to enable you to navigate through the websites and use key functions. These can not be disabled. Cookie Notice|
|Website analytics cookies||These cookies help us to understand how visitors engage with our website. The information is collected anonymously and transfered to our analytics partner. Cookie Notice|