- TUI UK with additional two million seats and TUI Germany expecting 500,000 guests in 2020
- Growth demonstrates TUI’s commitment to offer more choice and flexibility for package holiday customers
- TUI supports hoteliers with guarantees and replaces missing bookings in the market
- Holidays with TUI are safe: customers and partners can rely on financial strength of the Group
- Packaged holidays are still the most secure way of holiday travel
TUI, the world’s largest holiday company has announced a significant capacity increase in its two largest markets by customer numbers and revenue for the summer 2020 season. In the UK, an additional two million seats to holiday favourites including Turkey, Greece, Balearics, Canaries, Egypt, Mexico and Florida will be offered. Germany is expecting an additional half a million guests and extends its holiday offers in its most important destinations, in particular in Turkey, Greece, the Balearics and Canaries. New contracts have been agreed with numerous hoteliers and exclusive hotel partnerships have been signed. Additional talks are already being held.
Sticking with its commitment of offering more flexibility and choice for its customers, TUI will offer more 7, 10, 11 and 14 night durations and even more flying from popular airports including Manchester, Doncaster Sheffield, Birmingham, Newcastle and Glasgow to its unrivalled range of hotels.
Alongside its commitment to provide outstanding holiday packages, TUI Airways will create jobs for over 100 Pilots and over 200 cabin crew.
Andrew Flintham, Managing Director TUI UK & Ireland: “At TUI we’re committed to offering outstanding holidays, flown from local airports to popular holiday hotspots. We understand the importance of providing great flexibility and choice, and recognise the need for customers to spread the cost of their holidays with 0% deposit and direct debit payments.”
Marek Andryszak, CEO TUI Germany: „In 2020 we are offering our guests the broadest range of holiday products and at the same time we are supporting local hoteliers. In total, we are expecting an 500,000 customers whom we will offer a safe holiday in the TUI quality they are familiar with.“ A few days after the Thomas Cook insolvency, the TUI Executive Board has already met several tourism ministers of important holiday destinations, such as Greece, Turkey and Egypt, in order to assure support. In Germany, TUI is not only securing additional bed capacities but also prepares to ensure the necessary flight availability. From May 2020 onwards holiday destinations in Greece, Tunisia, Egypt, Bulgaria, Spain and Turkey will be offered from Leipzig Airport.
„Packaged holidays are still the safest and most comfortable way of holiday travelling. TUI offers high quality, highest possible security and customer protection. The benefits are clear: tour operators organise the arrival and departure, transfers and excursions. Reps are taking care of the guests and their needs. Also in a crisis, for example when natural desasters happen, holidaymakers can count on the support”, says Andryszak. He adds: “If a relevant competitor has to exit the market after long and successful years, that is harsh – certainly, in particular for the affected employees and the customers of Thomas Cook. Holidays with TUI are safe. Customers and partners in the destinations can rely on TUI Group’s financial strength.
TUI’s business model differs significantly from other tour operators and proves in particular now very robust. Since 2013 TUI has strategically moved away from traditional tour operating and has become an integrated provider of holiday experiences focusing on own hotels, cruises and activities in the destinations. 70 percent of its earnings are generated in the Holiday Experiences segment (hotels, cruises, activities), the remaining 30 percent come from traditional tour operating. As a result, TUI achieved annual two-digit earnings growth in the past for years. TUI has a robust structure to also master future changes actively and from a position of strength.