The annual TUI Global Hotel Awards ceremony was held in Berlin yesterday evening, where more than 300 hotel partners and TUI employees were gathered to celebrate the outstanding achievements delivered by the top 100 hotels in TUI's portfolio. Within 12 categories, selected from a pool of over 13,000 hotels across 180 destinations, 9 hotels have been recognized as being the best of the best according to reviews by TUI guests.
"It was amazing to see everyone in person again, the TUI Global Hotel Awards is a fantastic moment to celebrate with our tourism family, with partners and friends from destinations. It´s a privilege for me and all colleagues in the TUI Group to honour our excellent hotel partners who have received such glowing reviews from our joint customers. The hotels we offer, play a crucial role in creating memorable holidays. The TUI Global Hotel Awards are our way of expressing gratitude for our valued partner hotels. Especially after not being able to get together for such a long time, due to the pandemic, I’m happy that we had the chance to meet in person this time. I believe that only by working together, we can provide the ultimate holiday experience. I believe in strong collaboration and partnership“, said Sebastian Ebel, TUI Group CEO.
TUI Global Hotel Awards
TUI’s annual Global Hotel Award winners are based on feedback from TUI's more than 16 million guests* in 2022. This includes everything from service to food, facilities, and overall experience. Over 800 hotels have achieved the award criteria with an accommodation overall score of at least 8.8.
These are the winning hotels of the TUI Global Hotel Awards of 2023:
- Best Hotel TUI Nordic: TUI BLUE Barut Andiz
- Best Hotel TUI Belgium: Acanthus Cennet Barut Collection
- Best Hotel TUI Netherlands: TUI BLUE Palm Garden
- Best Hotel TUI Germany, Austria & Switzerland: TUI BLUE Barut Andiz
- Best Hotel TUI Poland: Hotel Riu Palace Santa Maria
- Best Hotel TUI UK & Ireland: Grand Park Hotel Rovinj
- New: Best Hotel TUI BLUE: TUI BLUE Barut Andiz
- Best Hotel Overland: Hotel Andromeda
- Best Hotel Eastern Mediterranean: Lindos Blu Luxury Hotel & Suites
- Best Hotel Western Mediterranean: Seaside Grand Hotel Residencia
- Best Hotel Long Haul: Veligandu Island Resort & Spa
- New: Best Hotel Sustainability People Award: Cretan Malia Park
- New: Best Hotel Sustainability Planet Award: Creta Maris Resort
- New: Best Hotel Sustainability Progress Award: Fushifaru Maldives
- Sustainability Innovation Award: Atlantica Hotels & Resorts
- Best Hotel Overall Sustainability: Cretan Malia Park
- TUI Care Foundation Award: Aitken Spence Hotels
- Best Hotel Globally: Lindos Blu Luxury Hotel & Suites
- Lifetime Achievement: Nikos Daskalantonakis, Grecotel Hotels & Resorts
Lifetime Achievement Award
The TUI Lifetime Achievement award recognizes individuals or organisations that have made invaluable contributions to the industry. This year’s recipient, Nikos Daskalanatonakis, founder and owner of Grecotel Hotels and Resorts was honoured for his unwavering dedication to excellence, perseverance, and innovative vision within the tourism industry. With his more than 40 years in the industry, Mr. Daskalanatonakis is well known for his commitment to creating a personalised and culturally immersive experience for his guests, offering them a warm welcome and genuine connection to the local community.
At the TUI Global Hotel Awards 2023 sustainability was highlighted, and the award now includes categories that reflect TUI's recently published Sustainability Agenda. New categories for this year include People, Planet, and Progress, and highlight the award winners' contributions to sustainability efforts within these areas. The winners within this category are selected by an external committee and judged according to uniquely set criteria. This year, TUI is also giving out a Sustainability Innovation Award. This is to recognise and celebrate a hotel company that is investing in new technology to accelerate the sustainable transformation of their company and the industry. The award was given to Atlantica Hotels & Resorts for their efforts to implement and use new technology to accelerate their sustainable transformation. A great example being their efforts in the Greek island of Rhodes; where they have invested in the latest solar panel technology, e-mobility for electric cars, a water desalination plant, and for their involvement in the Co-Lab Rhodes.
New: Best hotel TUI Blue
Another addition this year is the Best Hotel TUI Blue-category. It showcases the very best hotel within the company´s TUI Blue hotel range. The TUI Blue portfolio currently comprises about 100 hotels in 19 countries.
Learn more about TUI's Top 100 ranked hotels here: https://www.tuipartners.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/02/TUI-Global-Hotel-Awards-2023-Top-100-Winners.pdf
*All TUI guests are invited to share their feedback, this is voluntary and not all guests choose to do so.