TUI hosts virtual ceremony for its prestigious awards
Best Hotel Globally – Lindos Blu Luxury Hotel & Suites in Rhodes
Hotel Riu Festival and Hotel Riu San Francisco in Mallorca recognised for sustainability
TUI Group has announced the winners of the TUI Global Hotel Awards 2022, recognising hotels that have received outstandingly high satisfaction scores from its customers and demonstrated their commitment to sustainability.
TUI’s prestigious awards are based on customer feedback and nominees and guests attended a virtual ceremony which was streamed this afternoon. Local events will happen across the summer to present hotel partners with their trophies.
The winners are:
- Best Hotel Globally – Lindos Blu Luxury Hotel & Suites in Rhodes
- Sustainability – Winners: Hotel Riu Festival in Mallorca and Hotel Riu San Francisco in Mallorca. Special commendation: Creta Maris Beach Resort in Crete
- TUI Care Foundation – Blue Diamond Resort, Punta Cana Hotel Group in the Dominican Republic
- Best Hotel Long Haul – ROBINSON NOONU in the Maldives
- Best Hotel Eastern Mediterranean – Lindos Blu Luxury Hotel & Suites in Rhodes
- Best Hotel Western Mediterranean – Seaside Grand Hotel Residencia in Gran Canaria
- Best Hotel Overland – ROBINSON AMADÉ in Austria
- Best Hotel TUI Belgium – Hotel Riu Palace Meloneras in Gran Canaria
- Best Hotel TUI Netherlands – TIME TO SMILE MERAKI in Lesbos
- Best Club TUI France – Marmara Zorbas Beach in Kos
- Best Hotel TUI Germany, Austria, Switzerland and Poland – TUI BLUE Palm Garden in Turkey
- Best Hotel TUI UK&I – Casa Blu in Crete
- Best Hotel TUI Nordics – Atlantica Imperial Resort in Rhodes
“When travel restrictions eased, it was our strong, long-term partnerships and vertically integrated business model that’s enabled us to be the first operator to bring tourists back to many destinations.” said David Burling, CEO Markets & Airlines TUI Group. “Year-after-year our hotel partners have helped us create unforgettable holidays for our customers. Despite the challenges of restrictions and ever-changing travel advice, hotel partners have worked harder than ever to deliver outstandingly high customer satisfaction and its more important than ever to recognise their incredible achievements. A big congratulations to all of our winning hotel partners.”
Every time a customer travels with TUI they can give feedback and rate their holiday, including their hotel stay. These Customer Satisfaction Questionnaires (CSQs) form the basis for selecting TUI Global Hotel Award winners.
This year’s award ceremony was set to be hosted in-person during ITB Berlin. When it was announced the 2022 tourism trade fair would be virtual, TUI created a virtual ceremony to recognise partners. The plan is to announce TUI Global Hotel Awards 2023 in person.
About TUI Group
TUI Group is one of the world's leading tourism groups and operates worldwide. The Group is headquartered in Germany. TUI shares are listed on the FTSE 250, an index of the London Stock Exchange, on the regulated market of the Hanover Stock Exchange and on the Open Market segment of the Frankfurt Stock Exchange. The TUI Group offers integrated services from a single source for its 27 million customers, 21 million of them in the European national companies.
The entire tourism value chain is covered under one roof. This includes over 400 hotels and resorts with premium brands such as RIU, TUI Blue and Robinson and 16 cruise ships, from the MS Europa and the MS Europa 2 in the luxury class and expedition ships to the Mein Schiff fleet of TUI Cruises and cruise ships at Marella Cruises in Great Britain. The Group also includes leading tour operator brands and online marketing platforms across Europe, five airlines with more than 100 modern medium and long-haul aircraft and over 1,000 travel agencies. In addition to expanding its core business with hotels, cruises via successful joint ventures and activities in holiday destinations, TUI is increasingly focusing on the expansion of digital platforms. The Group is transforming itself into a digital company.
Global responsibility for sustainable economic, ecological and social action is at the core of our corporate culture. The TUI Care Foundation, initiated by TUI, focuses on the positive effects of tourism, on education and training and on strengthening environmental and social standards with projects in 25 countries. It thus supports holiday destinations in their development.