As a leading travel company, we recognise that the environment, communities and cultures within which we operate are vital to the success of our business.
The TUI Group vision outlines our commitment to sustainability: ‘We are mindful of the importance of travel and tourism for many countries in the world and the people living there. We partner with these countries and help shape their future – in a committed and sustainable manner.’
We therefore commit in the long term to:
- Embed sustainable development principles into core business practices throughout TUI Group.
- Use the collective influence of TUI Group to drive sustainability within the leisure travel industry.
- Understand and respect the needs of our stakeholders, including customers, colleagues, shareholders, suppliers, industry partners and local communities.
- Comply with all relevant legislation, act in advance of it where possible, and keep pace with best practice.
- Deliver long-term strategic benefit and shareholder value by maximising the opportunities that sustainable development presents.
In support of the above, we will work to:
- Prevent pollution wherever possible, and continually improve our environmental performance, specifically by reducing our carbon emissions through work programmes with our airlines, cruise operations, hotels, ground transport and office premises.
- Optimise our holidays’ environmental, economic and social impact, by embedding sustainability into our supply chain and initiating activities that protect and restore the natural environment, biodiversity and enhance local livelihoods.
- Provide information, training and support to colleagues, gaining their commitment to taking action on sustainable development issues.
- Encourage our customers to choose more sustainable travel options, and to take action to reduce their negative impacts and maximise their positive impacts in destinations.
- Report progress against our sustainability strategy.